It's another one of those grey days here. Too cold to venture beyond our four walls. We're getting into some indoor activities. My big boy and I made up a list of activities to get through today, otherwise I feel like we just float through the day without really connecting for long periods of time. How can that happen? He goes into his room and plays trains - I try and get through some work, feed the baby, put the clothes in the wash. Sure we touch palms every now and then, but not enough. So this is our plan. To really connect.
Our list today:
- set up a new train track - together
- go to playgroup (he vetoed that, so it went by the wayside for today)
- craft (we were going to make a snowman out of some of his paintings he made yesterday, but he decided he wanted a 'snap-snap' instead - crocodile, but that's also turned into this collage which I think looks quite cool) - together
- baking (we're still to do - biscuits or cake, not sure yet - but better get cracking!) - together
- books (we picked up a fresh batch of library books over the weekend, so it's nice discovering new stories together) - together
- Muffin Tin Monday - check out Sycamore Stirrings for more ideas!
I had a separate list for myself. I've not done too badly either. I love a good list! But I love ticking things off even more!