Sunday 5 April 2009

Polka Dot Kerrrazy!


Merde! Blogger is once again at it, rotating my photos. I've tried rectifying the situation, but to no avail, so my friends, turn your head instead.
Today we went to the MCA to see The Mirrored Years by Yayoi Kusama. I was expecting polka dots, and she sure delivered. Spotty mirrors on arrival, spots, spots, spots, and - in my books, you can not fault a good polka dot. The Doctor really dug the mirrored room, and in fact, most of the exhibition (particularly the spotty ultraviolet room - super cool!). We met up with one of my best friends and looked around, enjoyed a chai latte, and then caught the train home.
Fact: The Doctor woke up at 4:30am this morning. Here's cheers to daylight savings ending. Who wakes up at this time by choice? Certainly not me. I'm longing for a sleep in. I've been reminisicing about sleeping in all weekend. These vibes did not rub off on the smalls no matter how many psychic thoughts I put out there.

4 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Cool picture! I love polka-dots! :0)

Cass said...

Snap, Lucy woke up at 4.53am and I thought that was bad. So much for that extra hours sleep

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Oh yeah, we are soo happy to see the back of it as well! I love winter! Sounds like a fab exhibition, even with the cherubs in tow, I'll have to check it out.

home girl said...

she is one of my all time fav artists. hope the show comes to melb