Monday 25 May 2009

There's Always Time For Thrifting





Even though the house was a mess, even though I was still to do a little baking, even though I still had a tiger tail to stitch, I still had to go and do a quick spot of thrifting. Duty calls!
Duty calls and booty spoils!

There was a lot of elbows in my way this weekend when searching through the goodies. People -there's plenty to go 'round. Did you leave your manners at home??

Beautiful old crockery. Check.
A matching tiny teacup and saucer with beautiful crazing. Check.
Beautiful hand covered coathangers. Check.
A knitting thingie where all my knitting as gone to...die. Check.
Some small sewing baskets. Check.
Some other old stuff. Check.
Change from a 20 dollar note. Check.
And then home in time to get it started. A party awaited.

4 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Always always time to get a bargain!

Joy said...

OMG I had a sewing basket IDENTICAL to that one when I was a little girl ..... and that's a looong time ago!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kirsty said...

Fabulous finds & yes 3 words...
It's thrifting time.

Kate Moore said...

The sewing basket is fabbo. Thanks for the support re the op shop challenge. So many plans coming together so quickly. Am grabbing this bull by the horns and holdin' on. Send any links or stories you think of. Take you for a spin when I win ; )