Tuesday 13 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 13: The Grand Ol' Oppie

really cute vintage tea cup - made in England

a wee vintage children's mug. made in Japan. of course.

gorgeous old dish, totally crazed, but i'm totally crazy for it; small Royal Albert saucer with spots

I haven't been getting to the op shops much lately, mainly because the one closest to me, I hate to say it, is a complete rip off. I realise it's a charity shop, but seriously, I have to think twice before I buy something because it's not so price-friendly these days.

But today it is so Spring-tastic, the junior burgers and I went for a walk, and I worked in a visit to the oppie before heading to the park for a spell.

I hit the jackpot. I got all of this, and two kids books for $10. Have you found anything fab at the oppie lately?

PS - Did you catch the stellar sunset last night? So pretty!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the fitst one and my sister, when she was a little girl, had the elephant mug in your second photo! Now I am thining about how much I miss her as she lives in HK...

Rachael said...

PS - that should read the 'first one...'

Rachael @Mogantosh said...

That kids mug is adorable. Ivy wuold love it. I am bone-china'd out - have been collecting bread and butter plates to use for the wedding cake (it's a 20's-themed wedding). So many gorgeous plates - 150, actually...just not sure what to do with them all afterwards.

Tania said...

You soooo have the Oppie Gods shining upon you! Bit crazy for the crazed one myself.

Mookah Studio said...

Mmm...I have been a bit op shop crazy lately looking for those perfect 'Jumper Refashioning Projects', but I did find a perfect little table on wheels which I might blog about tomorrow....

Cathie said...

Love your great finds! I am also in an 'I love oppie' stage at the moment and love a good teacup & saucer find. church oppies tend to also be cheaper than the larger ones which is always a bonus.