- When discussing the possibilities of why his toast could have been over-done, "Well I'll have to borrow a book from the library about toast then."
- When he was lying in bed with me, I felt terribly unwell and told him not to touch me, and I did say, I'm sorry Doctor, please move over and don't touch me, to which the Doctor responded, "Oh Mummy, it's nothing to be sorry about."
- "Mum bought me some ink suncream." I didn't. I bought him some 30 + zinc sun cream. Zinc and ink. You tell me the difference.
- "So Dad, when did you and I meet?"
- "Look Mum, that's cool, I'll have to Christmas list it." Anything he sees that he likes, he Christmas lists.
The Doctor's verve for learning. For discovery. His inquisitiveness. I hope to nurture it. Some days, I admit, we have bad days, but for the most, I love to watch him grow.