Thursday 25 March 2010

Another Good Reason To Learn To Crochet



Last night, while trawling the interwebs (I am like some crazed fisherman setting out my nets to see what I can haul in) I came across something so super fantastic you won't even believe your eyes. In my quest to find that Chanel bag that is pictured down there (scroll down because I can't be bothered to link) I came across this piece of genius. In fact it's not genius. It's Genius. With a capital G.

Stephanie Syjuco: The Counterfeit Crochet Project (Critique of a Political Economy). I am four years late to this party but I am still turning up. Crocheters are counterfeiting designer handbags of all the big labels: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dolce e Gabbana, Prada, Gucci etc.

Do you know how cool this is? All my gal pals have beautiful handbags and I troll around with my vintage bags that are all dying a slow and ungraceful death. I could rock one of these crocheted beauties. Imagine their faces. GOLD! It's a statement piece and totes legitimately cool! Get the feeling me likey? ME LIKEY!

The official website is here. But don't go there without me. I want to come too.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh that is SUPER cool! I'd love to sport one in front of my "if it doesn't have a label it's not worthy" MIL ... he he he! Nice find PMM!

My Owl Barn said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! I guess now big labels will be available at affordable prices ;)

Belinda said...

They are fabulous!

Kristi said...

This is clever stuff. I want that Channel number. Okay and the Gucci too.

dorothybills..... said...

That's it, I have a goal of learning to crochet this year! these are amazing, my fav is the one on the 'scroll down'!