Sunday 15 May 2011

Our Weekend



I drove up to my Mum and Dad's place on Thursday. Just the smalls and myself.


It's only a four and a half hour drive, but I was so tired. I drank two coffees, one cup of tea, and a medium post-mix Coke. Ordinarily I only have one caffeinated drink a day. But I was so weary.


We celebrated our beloved Grandmother's life. We cried. We laughed. We caught up with relatives that we had not seen in too long.


I hated leaving today. I would have liked to have stayed up there longer, but life continues. I always find that such a hard thing to deal with when grieving. Why is everyone oblivious to the waves of grief? You know that feeling? You just want a stand-still, out of respect.


And the drive home was long. The Doctor kept talking for most of it. Tiny screamed for part of it.


I am quietly exhausted. I think I have car-lag. Curled up on the couch thinking about my family. Glad to have had that time to remember some beautiful memories and remember and rejoice in a wonderful and inspiring life.

9 comments:

Anna Bartlett said...

Thinking of you.

Little Pinwheel said...

big love x

sophie said...

xxxxx

fast times in münchen. said...

Love to you Lexi and your family. xxx

Ginger Plumb said...

All our love you you and your family, Lexi xx

shine little light* said...

xxx muchos love. Enjoy that curl up.

Thats a great pic.. it kinda looks like the road to where my folks live. Sturt highway? *s*

Maggie May said...

I know that feeling- wanting stillness out of respect. It's true. I hope you have time for quietude. xo

Anonymous said...

Lots of love xx

scarletjonesmelbourne said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My mother say's that loved ones are always still here while someone remembers them. I still carry my Nana inside even though she has been gone for 10 years.