Wednesday 18 January 2012

Out and About Pt 2

Last week not only did we go see Holly Throsby, but a dear friend invited me to see Ira Glass speak at Town Hall. Another day, another Sydney Festival gig.

I knew a little about Ira Glass, but was pretty clueless.

I sat spellbound and enchanted by him. For over two hours. I loved listening to him speak. He was charming, authentic, intelligent and funny. And I have a bit of a crush on him. Gosh darn it, he is clever.

Perfectly so, I've been walking, listening to This American Life podcasts. They go for about an hour, and so do my walks. Each morning I come home switched on and buzzing.

I am so motivated by the idea of getting up and listening to podcasts, moreso than music, this is the ticket peeps!

--------------------------------------------------
On the flipside, we've been enjoying walking on our weekends, exploring new areas, old areas, and just hanging out together in the sunshine. The beauty of Summer is pretty simple.



1 comment:

Kate Moore said...

I walk and listen to podcasts. Download the Boyer lectures. I just wanted to keep walking to hear Geraldine Brooks' voice and her thoughts and ideas. Fortunately, only about an hour each talk.