Friday 26 October 2012

Day 26:: Frocktober - Sweet, Sugar, CandyMan


With only 5 days to go, I'm pulling out some big numbers over the next few days. Today's is a particularly beautiful 1940s (or is it 50s?) cotton frock with a beautiful print. And big shoulder pads. Feminine with a little masculine tailoring. 

I took it upon myself this morning to do the rolls, which took longer than when I did them sitting in traffic. Even with more tools. Quelle frustration. But I finally got them. A bit messy, but no matter.

Tonight we went to the Australian War Memorial - and I walked in and all of a sudden felt like I was about to be mistaken for a volunteer in costume. 

I want you to sponsor me. I want to raise more money for ovarian cancer research. Look at us - we've come so far, but wouldn't it be great to close the deal with a little more? Every penny goes toward finding out more about ovarian cancer - and a screening test. 

Majority of my readers are female.
So majority of you have ovaries.
Doesn't it concern you that there's no screening test? A pap smear doesn't detect ovarian cancer. 
Please sponsor me this Frocktober

Today's outfit:
- my sister's vintage frock
- Chuck Taylors
- I still recognise that I need a snood if I'm to look like a factory worker

This song has been stuck in my head all day. Now we can share it. Though, admittedly, this one is much better. I do love this song. These ladies kill it.


No comments: