Monday, 30 December 2013
New Year's Resolutions. And Me. Yes. NY Resolutions and Me.
Traditionally I have shrugged off New Year's resolutions. Well outwardly I tell everyone I don't do them. Just between me and myself - I do little things.
But this year, I will outwardly tell you some things I am changing. Because these things are good, positive, very excellent things to do. In my mind at least - you my friend, dear reader, may have other thoughts - and that's ok. I am happy with challenging my own thoughts. Let's spar.
1. I am going to get more into my garden. Just because we rent - doesn't mean we can't have a nice garden - or a thriving little vegie patch. I am BOOM and doing it. If it flops, I will try other crops. That's my new green thumb mantra. And if those damn stinkbugs don't all die, I'll find something that will bump them off. That will be my life-long quest.
2. I am going to exercise. And not get too busy to do it. I was into it, then work got really ridiculously busy, and I am talking really ridiculously busy, so I felt more inclined to go home to be with my family than miss out on more time with them by exercising. Somehow, my friends, somehow, I expect to exercise at least four times a week. I am going to be fit and fabulous in 2014. Fit, fabulous and 14. I don't know how it's going to happen but even if I have to hypnotise myself, I am damn well doing it. Taser me if I don't.
3. My sister told me she was reading more this year. So I am totally copying her. Unless there's some really crappy, crappy TV show that I need to live tweet, then I have to do that. But reading is where it's at.
4. Meal planning. It's happening this year. Matt and I - we're both sick of multiple jaunts to the supermarket. Speaking of which - not buying supermarket brand anything. Those pricks can jam their own brands where they fit. I see what they're doing - screwing down the farmers. Not happening here. I'll buy brand names, and straight from farmers where possible.
5. Listen to more music. Music makes me happy. I'm going to make it accessible and play more of my favourite albums. David Grey 'White Ladders' is coming back, and I'm not afraid to be out and proud. I love good music AND it makes me feel happier.
What are your resolutions? Share share share. Come on. Don't be shy.
PS - What is this purple flower? If you know, please do tell!