Thursday 5 June 2014

Thursday Afternoon Smoothie

Thursday afternoon and I completely hit the wall. 

Everyone thinks working four days is some plum gig. The reality is you wind up working longer hours to balance out that missing day.

And then there's the people who call and say: "Hey, I know it's your day off, but..."

I'd love to call them on a Sunday morning and say the same thing. 

Anyway, back to Thursday afternoon. I'm pooped. I need to power up. Matt's working in the evening, and I need some pep in my step pronto. 

I made myself a smoothie using the KitchenAid blender (best thing ever). I know it sounds lame, but I just didn't have the energy to do much prep, so this is how it played out:

1 cup frozen mixed berries
a big, generous handful of fresh mint. Because I love mint.
2 teaspoons of Vital Greens*
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 cups water

Blitz in the KitchenAid blender, et voila. Instant power up gamers!

                                                               ***

Onto Vital Greens. I read about it first over at Checks & Spots. For anyone living a busy life, who might be worried about missing out on vital nutrients, Vital Greens is packed full of goodness to help you get that balance you yearn for. Well I yearn for it anyway. 


* I am a massive fan of KitchenAid, and have been lent some of their products to try. They are ace. Totally ace. And the blender matches my pink KitchenAid mixer. It must be love.

No comments: