Tuesday 6 January 2015

Tak3n:: Review - HELLO LIAM!



Last night Matt and I got the rare opportunity for date night. 

These are rare as hen's molars. Seriously. 

So when my Mum offered to babysit, we swung into action. 

But I have to confess, when I was first invited to see Taken 3, I was a little dubious. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved Taken - oh the stress! On the edge of my seat, scared, worried, my goodness, it really kept me glued. This time set in France, daughter gets kidnapped on a trip with her BFF, CIA operative Dad flies to her rescue. But not without a whole lot of twists and trouble.

Taken 2 - Liam really has bad luck - and again, it was quality viewing. Set in Istanbul, it was a snapshot into the unknown, and those action scenes - yowsers! 

But a third go at Taken? Really? 

REALLY! Go see it. It's awesome. I think Matt still has grip marks on his arm where I was squeezing him so hard. This time set in the US, starring Forest Whitaker, the story takes an unexpected twist and is as riveting as ever. But I'm not giving the storyline away. 

Co-written by Luc Besson (director of The Professional), reigning king of  who yet again creates a totally watch-able, action-packed, beautifully executed, crazy, amazing film that stands on its own in the Taken franchise. He has your heart pounding, your brain racing, and you'll be sitting on the edge of your seat. 

And then there's Liam Neeson. Ahhhh Liam. Supremely watch-able, he kicks some serious ass as Bryan Mills. There's no denying that he's good. But he's not just good. He's ace. 

I totally recommend seeing Taken 3. You'll like it if you like: any of the Taken films. Liam Neeson. Luc Besson. Ass-kicking action. Fight scenes in y-fronts.


Taken 3 - opens in cinemas Thursday 8th January.

No comments: