Wednesday 6 May 2015

Three Years of Frocktober: Ovarian Cancer

When I started participating in Frocktober three years ago it was to help women in need. To raise money for women who needed help. It was because I wanted to be part of something bigger than me, more important than me, and to do something good. 

In three years I have raised over $22K. Thank you for your help, your generosity, for all of your support. 




I couldn't have done it without you. Three years of Frocktober to raise money for research into ovarian cancer has raised over $22k. 

The news that there is a new ovarian cancer that detects twice as many women with early signs is a gift!

Not that I did it solo. Of course not. But I - and you- have been part of it. 

Ovarian cancer - for society, is not sexy, it's mainly older women, but for me, it's really important. Everyone is important. Everyone integral. Everyone special. Don't make me cry!

But for a reality check, Ian Jacobs has spent not three years, but 29 years (!) trying to develop a test that detects early signs of ovarian cancer.

This is freaking awesome. 

He is freaking awesome. 

He has devised as test that picks up 86% of women who have ovarian cancer before they have symptoms.

You can read more here

And to support further research into Ovarian Cancer you can buy a white shirt at Witchery.

2 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

You are awesome. ( I can't convince you to become a Girl Guide as well, can I? There are no frocks, just comfy shorts and Tee ) ;)

Sam Stone said...

You are amazing.....as are the shoes you are wearing in that photo.