Thursday 17 April 2008

A Week of Pillowcases..



Sweet pillowcases, take me to sleep and off to dream.
Kootoyoo is hosting a week of beautiful pillowcases over at Pip's.

These ones were from some random thrifting around the traps. They're in great condition, I've not actually used them because.. Well to be honest, I forgot I had a whole stash of pillowcases, and just found them last night! It was like stumbling across Aladdin's cave..


These are also from the same stash.. A real delight to go through them all again. The vague smell of mothballs. Hmmm. These ones are a bit more loved, the lilac in particular. The threads are softened almost to disintegration.



Re-discovering these beauties was like re-living the quiet thrill of thrifting. My own dialogue running in my head, wondering who used to sleep on them, what those people dreamt of, whether they had breakfast in bed, if they listened to the bird songs in the morning, watched the sun spread across the patch of lawn at the back... Whether they had children that crawled all over them in the early hours, as an unsaid good morning. Small bodies wedged between theirs and their lovers. That's what I wonder.

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

I LOVE the black & white pillowcases. Absolutely perfect for tomorrows project.

I like your wonderings - I often wonder the same things.

Sarah said...

Mmmm...I like the smell of mothballs too! Actually it reminds me of clothes kept in big wardrobes - seasons at a time. You have a good stash of pillowcases girlfriend!

meetmeatmikes said...

I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE ONES TOO! Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Wonderful!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I'VE GOT THAT SHEET!! (the black & white, only in purple & white)

Sherrin said...

I have the top one in purple! I used to have it in green as well, but don't know what happened to it.