Saturday 28 June 2008

Our Own Little Holiday

I know myself as a mum I find it exhausting being surrounded by people all the time - and being 'touched out' , with no view to 'me' time. That's why I think it's important to take off on the weekends and spend some solo time, reconnect with yourself. Even if it is just for a couple of hours. I love that time and often return feeling like I've recharged my batteries and done something for myself. As well, I think it makes me a better mum and a better wife. I can give more of myself once I've had some time out.

Michelle of Leni & Rose reminded me of this interview just today - I'd recently been over at Babble about 'Please Take My Children To Work Day' - Jen Singer's article detailing why stay at home mums should have their own holiday. You can read all about it here.

Interesting and funny article for any mamas and mamas-to-be about June 30 being a holiday for us! And if you can get someone to babysit for you for the day, or even for just a few hours, it's well worth it - happy mama, happy babies. Just put that burnt chop down and enjoy yourself!

Babble (a magazine and community for a new generation of parents) has loads of great parenting articles, forums and tips, pop culture and good stuff to read, as well as Daily Babble which is delivered straight to your inbox.

Anyway, I'm off for some weekend fun, a bit of stitching and generally just kicking back!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's so true, I am totally re-energised after my couple of hours wandering around the shops just by myself. Hope you had fun stitching and kicking back!

Hila said...

have a relaxing time :)
Thanks for your comment on my boots - I love your shoes below!

Anonymous said...

I'll put a quarter in the jar for being off topic but I just clicked on "sorry I missed your party" on your blogroll and I have to say, I like your style!

Lisa [strickerin] said...

How true it is we need our own time and break from that touched out feeling.

I know I am a much better Mother for it.