Next year I turn the big 3-0. In my mind, I'm still 23, but on paper I'm dirty 30. Flirty 30. Mmm. Sounds good.
So on my sidebar I had been collating a list of 30 things I want to do before B-Day. But that just looks messy, so I am putting it here.
Read it and weep (or mock, whatever blows your skirt up):
1. Learn how to change a tap washer (my husband can't, so someone better be able to)
2. Rekindle my love affair with knitting (and knit something more complex than a 1 ft scarf)
3. Learn how to cook an impressive meal (I love cooking, I just want to master something hardcore)
4. Visit more markets
5. Learn how to cook slow food
6. Spend more time with my babies
7. Write stories for my babies
8. Write my husband a love letter a week
9. Do our wedding album (it's been almost three years, I think I can start now)
10. Have our photos printed (I have thousands that need editing and printing... Hmm.)
11. Plan a holiday that's longer than two days
12. More dates (I'm not talking Medjool either)
13. Start writing again - at least 100 words a day
14. Go through my junk, get rid of everything I don't need
15. Have regular dates with my children
16. Start exercising regularly (I'm on my way! I'm on my way!)
17. Learn how to sew
18. Master a sponge cake
19. Try something new
20. Eat more fish (I'm a country girl, I find fish a difficult food to love, I try, I do)
21. Do a defensive driving course
22. Enrol in a calligraphy class
23. Lose my teenage tendencies
24. Start taking regular 'me minutes'
25. Laugh more
26. Change my look - if only for a day or two
27. Make a radical decision
28. Organise my super (whoa - now it's getting exciting here)
29. Organise our next girls weekend to Melbourne (my sisters, my Mum and I - woop woop!)
30. Wear my wedding shoes at least twice
Not exactly ground-breaking stuff. I might need to tweak this list. I might think of something more exciting to exchange a point for... Like learn how to charter a chopper. Not. Or eat grasshoppers. Not. (please read Not in your best Borat voice). Anyway. I'll keep you posted.
NB: Anything in italics is in progress!
Anything bold and in italics is done!