Saturday 29 November 2008

Please Wipe Your Feet: Our New Home

Finally, finally I have some great news to report. We've found a house. It's true. That's where I spent most of last night fixing things up, which was invigorating and super dooper exciting to say the least. We're sprucing it up a little. It's pretty cute. And you know, I am so thrilled to finally have a place to call our own. A real place of our own. A crazy little footpath leads to the front door.

We've lived with my in-laws for a loooong time. We've been looking for a new place to rent for a looooong time. So I am chuffed. The kids are excited, and I think Matt's quietly pleased too. Me? I'm over the moon so thrilled to have a space to call our own. It's small, but that means it's intimate too, right?

I really love the little garden the best. I see visions of a veggie patch. I'm no green thumb, but I'm willing to give it a shot. What could be better than running out to the garden for a fresh handful of herbs? I know the smalls will love running about in this space. Particularly if we rename them Hansel and Gretel.

So - waddaya think?


HA! Fooled you again. But hey - at least if during this time we can't afford groceries, we can eat all four walls, the roof, and - everything really. Not really nutritionally viable - but what the hey!
And in case you're wondering, renovations on this house have been temporarily suspended as we await council approval (read: mojo returns). We will have things underway again once the weather clears up and it's good painting weather.

8 comments:

a girl called fickle said...

oh you prankster, you had me so excited for you! Where is this from? i have to get one for myself. x

Liesl said...

Ooh, ooh ... its gorgeous. I can't wait to make our GB house. But sadly it won't look a patch on your Mansion. Goodness me ... there's even an attic window. Fancy schmancy indeed!

CurlyPops said...

Oh man..I keep getting excited...
and then...splat!

Taccolina said...

Why, I oughtta...

Great house!

Cindy said...

I am not falling for your tricks again young lady, I am older and whillier now!
Can we get some WIP photos? It looks so cool.

jan said...

You completely had me! Oh well, a laugh is good for the soul, even if I am laughing at myself!

Jodi said...

yum! you got me again!

Megan.K. said...

Love it!