We're back in town after a week away. How quickly that week of holidays passed and tomorrow we're back into the grind. Ho-hum. We had a magical Christmas, the first where the Doctor really understood what was going on. The burning excitement. I remember it well. Can't sleep. Butterflies. The Doctor was sure he heard Santa whirring through the sky. Perhaps it wasn't a helicopter, maybe it was the fat man himself in a hotted up sleigh.
We had a wonderful time with my parents. I didn't want to leave. But when we did finally have to leave, we left with more than a handful of wonderful memories.
- a frivolous and very fun water fight punctuated with hearty laughter
- eating waaaay too much beautiful food
- going in search of Christmas lights with a very animated three and a half year old chattering away wearing reindeer antlers
- a baby who smiled the whole way through the festivities
- doting grandparents who cuddled, snuggled, loved and laughed
- ice cream
- a red swing in the grapevine
- a fast red tricycle Santa kindly left for the Doctor
- the naughty reindeer eating all the food and knocking over the water bucket on their way out
- a great-grandmother wearing a pale pink paper crown
Christmas. You just can't beat it, can you?