Tuesday 3 March 2009

Magical March: Day 2...

Ok so it's really day three, but I missed yesterday and really, I'm lucky to be sitting here typing at all. Call me pooped, I feel like I've spent most of the day in the car. Hello Sydney traffic!

So Magical March, where are you? Playing in the trees that are about to turn? Skipping in the gentle afternoon breeze? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

While technically it's not Autumn just yet, but I go by the calendar, and to me, this is the beginning of it.

SOME (but not all) good things about Autumn:
- stomping on crunchy leaves
- raking leaves and running through them, throwing them skywards
- exit hideous Summer
- rugging up a little more each day
- that sweet cool air that lets you know - I am alive!
- rosy cheeks

Today is a pictureless post. Forgive me. But do tell me, what are your favourite things about Autumn?

12 comments:

Bird Bath said...

yes I love all those autumny things on your list...I find the energy to enjoy the outdoors so much more without the stifling heat of summer.I also enjoy a bit more baking.
P.S. we used mustard seeds but any type of cress, alfafa even wheat should be o.k.

Michelle said...

Cheer cheer for autumn!
You've summed it up beautifully - but new season apples are my favourite things about autumn.

A said...

Oooo, I love crunchy leaves, and rugging up. Scarves and hats and wooly socks! I can't wait!

Monique said...

Cool mornings and cool evenings. Adding that extra blanket on the bed and pulling the covers up aorund your ears.

Liesl said...

I love mild days and crispy air in the evening. The slanted, yellow sunlight of late afternoon. Yellows and reds of the leaves. Sweet new apples.

theUngourmet said...

It's fun to read your blog! I live in the United States and of course we are all dying for spring here! I am so tired of being cold and bundling up! Autumn sounds wonderful there though. I hope I will get to see it one day!

Taccolina said...

And a quilt on the bed.... man, I've got to finish that s-humhem-er quilt....

Beth said...

I love your autumn list!! Autumn is definitely my favourite season, and for all the reasons you listed!

drollgirl said...

i think summer BLOWS, and autumn is pretty decent!

Amber said...

Oh how lovely. I love the change in the air for autumn, it does feel different. xx

Cindy said...

My favourtie parts of autumn, since it is getting cooler is snuggling Caleb and Poppy. Always love an excuse for that with a children's book that you know you have read 300 times before.

JustJess said...

I love that the heat goes away, the leaves turn and swooshing through the leaves on the ground. Best though is knitting in the evenings!