Tuesday 31 March 2009

The Things We Do For Love

I've done some pretty silly things for love. Pretty darn silly.
Like:

- do I really have to say out loud?
And today, I've gone and done it again. I promised a picture of me in my new top. Nevermind the fact that here it's kind of cool, raining, and the top I've been working on is clearly a Summer top. Nevermind that. I'll wear it. Even if it still has tacking around the collar where I still have to stitch, this dear friend, is a design feature, until I take to the machine later tonight.

So here I am being ridiculous in the name of love. The shots I took where I pretended I wasn't taking photos of myself were so silly, painfully awkward, that I decided to ham things up. Everyone's got an inner model (I'm sure of it, I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 is a fab mantra.. if you don't have kids), and today, I've drawn on my inner model just for you. Just as Beyonce has Sasha Fierce, my inner ego is... Tallulah Moochacha.

Some models appear as though they've dislocated a shoulder to contort their bodies. I've drawn on them, minus the hospitalisation (who would feed the masses in my absence?). I've pouted harder than any woman's pouted before.

All to show you my new top. Finito. Now how's that for the things we do for love?

21 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! you should change your banner to reflect your new modelling pose!

theUngourmet said...

Super cute! :0)

Bird Bath said...

that top is FAB!! very impressive...

I'm still struggling to sew an item of clothing for myself(maybe one day I'll finish something from those bookmarked pages)
The photo shoot is a cracker. go Tallulah!

Joy said...

That's a perfect pout LOL!!
Your top is just gorgeous ... I'm awful at making clothes so I'm very impressed :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

CurlyPops said...

I think you'd can definitely give 'em a run for their money with that pose!
Fab top - very Moochacha indeed

Katie said...

You are a classic! I love the top and everything you are wearing with it. There's no fun in life unless you can hang shit on yourself.

YOU ROCK!

Liesl said...

That look is pure Zoolander "Blue Steel".

Love the top - it looks fab. Great print you've used.

So now you either move on to a new pattern ... or make 8 more of these. What's it gonna be?

Amber said...

Hehehe I love the top and the pose...xxx

Monique said...

You are one hot model mama. Well done on the top. It is very cute.

Miss Muggins said...

you look gorgeous, and at least you can tuck your top in! My top from the same pattern is a veritable tent! Hang on there's someone at the door, oh it's the circus asking for their big top back!

Michelle said...

The top is great!

But the pout is FIERCE!!

Georgie Love said...

Tallulah Moochacha - I could totally design an awesome outfit for you. Tallulah Moochaha can be the lead singer of my all-girl 80s hair metal band VOODOO PANTIES.

Other than that- so impressed with the sewing efforts! And you are beautiful!

Chezvies said...

Love the top..the pout is part of being a model..;) keep it up!!..have a nice day

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

you have clearly missed your calling, Tallulah! Impressive 'model's own' top. Last time I attempted to sew myself something it was in sky blue crushed stretch velvet - it is now over a decade ago and still remains 'that which shall not be named'!

Angie said...

Top looks great, you might be onto something with the half finished projects for sale!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

It looks great with the little cardie (I do love a little cardie) and LOVE the pink chiffon number in the background!

Unknown said...

Well, this is my first visit to your blog and lo and behold I have some of that fabric and was planning to make myself a similar top. Maybe in time for next summer. Think I'll have to keep reading now, obviously you have great taste.

Cindy said...

You so have the photo for Tyra for next top Mama. Nice pout indeed, you look like you have practiced that one before. I really love the top and the fit and the material. Can't wait for more.

Bec said...

I LOVE it!!!!! And after posting the silly emo & anti-emo pictures of myself on my blog a while back I thought I was the only person silly enough to actually pull stupid faces and post them on the internet....I feel alone no more. Hope to see more - maybe we should start a meme along these lines. The 'anti-model' photo shoot. That would make for some fun blog-hopping :)

Bec said...

Oops, after all that waffle I forgot to add - the top is GREAT!!!!!
XX Bec

Kirsty said...

Work it baby!

The top looks great.