Tuesday 6 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 6: Escargot?

Little people have the capacity to do really big gross things.

Take yesterday when Tiny ambled over to me with a strange expression on her face. She is always shoving random things in her mouth. She thinks it's a hoot. I am always rescuing pieces of Lego, coins, googly eyes, crayons, you name it, Tiny wants to chew it. She opened her mouth. Nothing.

It was then that I noticed a snail shell neatly shoved over her thumb.

Let's backtrack. Earlier in the day I had asked the Doctor to remove a snail that I had spotted careening at a slow pace up an interior wall. I'd just thought he'd done it and moved on.

Apparently not. Tiny went for a taste test. So Frenchy, so fresh. So absolutely not chic. Poor Tiny. Slightly bubbly. Earthy. Slimey. Your everyday garden variety of snail. So not escargot.
image via

10 comments:

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

Aaah L'escargot. Edie recently gave me payback for calling spaghetti 'wiggly worms' - during a spot of gardening we found a humble earth worm - she proclaimed 'Oooo Wiggly worm' - and popped it straight in la bouche....I only managed to rescue half ...but they recover? right???

Bek said...

So gross. When he was a toddler, Caleb ate a cricket he found in the lounge room. My brother said (as a joke), eat it! So eat it he did. Both boys learned a lesson that day.

Leonie said...

So much fun the whole eating snails from the garden thing. Took me a while to catch on when number 2 did it (a couple of times) in the end the dried slime on the hands that is quite difficult to remove was the giveaway!

Tania said...

Oh. Ew. It's the slightly bubbly bit that got me. WHAT IS THAT BUBBLY STUFF??? What is it lately, a full moon aimed especially at the smallest anklebiters?

Cath W said...

Yup. Gross to the max. My Lucy had a preference for slugs:she wasn't into the crunch.

home girl said...

hellooo you! tiny is funny sprog just like mum and yes so frency - maybe it was super nutricious?

btw jugs is totally appropriate - i gotta flaunt them cause baby as we both know they aint gonna look like that for long...

Georgie Love said...

I gagged a little. Snails and I are not friends. Just typing this is bringing more gagging to the surface.

Selina said...

hehe! When my daughter was about 9 months old she ate a cockroach. I screamed so loudly that to this day (she is now 12 years old) she runs at the sight of one!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh my goodness. That's impressive.

Liesl said...

But what about the garlicky butter sauce? Non!