Friday 12 February 2010

Kingdom


It was just this morning I was lamenting the last drops of my favourite fragrance. Kingdom by Alexander McQueen. It was discontinued a couple of years ago. I clearly remember walking out the front door on the way to preschool wondering if they ever re-release a fragrance. I know they do. But not often.

And then after a quick spell at the shops, Tiny and I came home, lunched, faffed around the house and then she went to bed.

I got online only to discover that the creative zeitgeist Alexander McQueen has died. Tragic. A real creative, witty, clever genius.

What do you say when someone so great dies?

All I can think to say is, if you need help, or someone to talk to, please do, maybe, hopefully, it will help.

Emergency appointment with your local doctor (General Practitioner) check the White Pages for the phone number. You can find a GP in your area who has had extra training in mental health by looking at the beyondblue Find a Doctor List.
Contact your local public hospital.
beyondblue info line 1300 22 4636
Lifeline - 13 11 14.
Suicide Helpline Victoria - 1300 651 251.
Kids Help Line (free call) - 1800 55 1800.
Mensline - 1300 789 978.

2 comments:

Tania said...

I have obviously been living under a rock today. What an absolute awful tragedy.

Lois said...

How sad.