Sunday 7 March 2010

Stolen Sunday



This morning was a weird one. A stolen Sunday morning when I was meant to be meeting up with a friend but she had to pull out at the last minute. What to do with oneself in the city flying solo? I could always just turn the car around and go back home (given I had to be at home by a certain time to take the Doctor on our date to see Alice In Wonderland). Ah-hell-no.

I had to pick up a catalogue at AGNSW, so I thought - heck, I have not wandered these hallowed halls by myself in years. I used to tread these polished floors almost monthly when I wore a younger girl's shoe. But with kids? ...but with kids. I think the last time I did was with the Doctor in a sling. Clearly that was not yesterday. And I had a park right out the front to boot!

So I wandered around checking out this and that. Enjoying no small people tugging on my limbs. It was good.

What would you do with a couple of stolen hours by yourself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Head down to the beach and swim. Swim Swim Swim. (and maybe a trip to the AGNSW as well).