Friday 21 October 2011

How To Be A Morning Person

I am not a morning person. I never bound out of bed in the morning, joyful to see the sunshine.

Nope.

Never.

I am the kind of person that hits snooze 89 times before my senses come to realise that I have 0.567 seconds to get ready for work or the school run, and that I better get my ass into gear and get out of bed. I love bed. I love sleeping. Oh do I love sleeping.

But I really want to be that person that gets up early, that goes into the day full of excitement. I don't want to be the slippery little slug that takes 1/2 an hour to rouse from my slumber.

I want to be the person that can go - BOOM! I am up, I am into the day. I am embracing the day. I am sledging everything that needs to be done. I am a morning person.

Tell me dear readers, how does one become a morning person? Or are they born morning people? Shed some light on this subject.

Is sleep for the weak? I know I'd like to sleep for the week.


Are you a former non-morning person turned morning person? What's your secret? Spill!

image by Mary Blair - it's her 100th birthday. Do you think she was a morning person?

7 comments:

Vic said...

I'll be watching with interest; I would also love to be a morning person, as it is I am a slow-to-warm-up maybe come talk to me in the afternoon person.

Sarah said...

Oh drat I thought this post was going to be the answers to my lack of morning cheer!

Small Catalogue said...

I am a morning person. My smallie is NOT a morning person. I think one is either one or the other; unfortch.

Mary Blair as in the Golden Books and Cinderella illustrator/animator? She's ace!

Cass said...

I'm not a morning person either but unfortunately my kids are. I can't wait until they want to sleep all day on the weekend because I will be joining them

Mon Alisa Design said...

I'm a morning gal. Never used to be as a child or teenager. My transformation was gradual and influenced by things such as watching H get up at crazy hours in the morning for work when we were in Sydney. Having a year of not sleeping with Haidee, and moving to the country. Now I tend to get up at 5:30-6am. Sure somedays I am cranky and long for those days of sleeping in but mostly I'm rather chipper. Weird I know :) I also love the space that I sleep in. It''s my little haven. No laundry or mess....thats covering the rest of the house! LOL

dear olive said...

OK, you may not want to hear this ... but waking up is definitely easier if you don't drink caffeine. Kellie xx

Susan said...

Hi Lexi. I used to be non-morning.....now love the early morning. Fall out of bed 6am and into sneakers to walk up big hill in back paddock. Usually wake up halfway along and feel great when I get back to the house. Feel weird on the days I don't do it. So quiet and still....love not having to rush. But don't beat yourself up about it, life changes as you go along.