Sunday 23 October 2011

Dawn Tan She's Our Woman, If We Don't Love Her No One Can


Dawn Tan is one of those clever, cool chicks that keep on being clever and cool.

She's just created the Meaty Pillowcase set (pictured above) that showcase her deft use of watercolours, and quirky muse. Food.

I have a vegetarian friend who has been vegetarian since the age of 10. I am thinking these might be a good gift for her, because we have an ongoing joke - as her flatmate, I discovered she had a weakness for bacon. BACON! Who doesn't love bacon? I could have bacon on everything and be happy. But the girl had a fondness for piglet, and oh how I would laugh and laugh if she had these as her bedding.

And it's Sunday morning too. Traditional day of big, hearty breakfasts. You could have breakfast in bed every day with these puppies.

Funniness aside, those paintings are so delicate and ethereal.

I love Dawn Tan.

Raise your right hand if you love Dawn Tan too.

Read more here, or visit her soon to arrive shop here.

If you're lucky enough to live in Melbourne, Dawn also does kids birthday parties. I've tried to coax her into doing Sydney parties, to no avail. Maybe we can start a petition?

2 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Ha! I just left a comment salivating over them. Must have!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Stop it! These are AWESOME. Bacon on everything is fabulous - but I've never thought of it on bedlinen.

If I owned these there's no way I'd be starting the day with a bowl of cereal though.