Alas, I am not a talented hair-smith. I struggle with anything other than a messy coif. My fingers turn into toes and I just can't wrangle that hair into the look I desire.
But this. This look appeals to me. Looks messy. A little haphazard. A little dishevelled '60s retro-tastic excitement created by Pantene's global stylist ambassador, Sam McKnight for Moschino Cheap & Chic. Me likey.
Apparently, the key to this look is "to build up the volume and then keep it in place with a lot of hairspray" said Sam.
Hairspray is my best friend because:
a) apparently lice don't like it, and since the Doctor started school, I am paranoid about lice
and most importantly b) I always think the bigger the hair, the closer to God - so I am all about big hair.
I'm issuing myself a challenge (because no one else is) to try and recreate this do - and come back with the results later this week. I just need that team of hair stylists in the top image to come over to my place and coif me silly. You can play along too if you feel like playing hairdressers with me.
Get the look: 1. The perfect base for this look is freshly washed and conditioned hair. Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner works well for a light finish as it nourishes the hair without adding weight.
1. For hair stressed by over styling (such as at Fashion Week), supplement your hair care regimen with a treatment mask such as Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Lightweight Nourishing Treatment (for fine hair) or Pantene Pro-V 3 Minute Miracle (for normal-thick hair).
2. Apply Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Mousse to damp hair and blow dry the hair back away from
the face with a flat bristle brush.
3. Backcomb the hair at the sides, back and top of the head with a fine toothed comb for maximum volume and big impact. Spray with Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Hairspray as you go to keep the volume and height in place. (leave a section of the hair free at the front of the head to frame the face)
4. Lightly brush back the top front section of hair over to the back of the head to create a smooth layer over the backcombed section.
5. Tie the smoothed hair at the nape of the neck into a ponytail and roll the pony tail up into a dishevelled bun, and fix in to place with hair pins. Spray with Pantene Pro-V Body Builder Hairspray to hold style in place and pick out wisps of hair for a carefree look. 6. For the Moschino Cheap & Chic look finish with a pastel bow detail headband placed in the middle of the head, in front of the volumised and lifted back section.