Friday 7 September 2012

I Am A Spring Swinger

Well hello there Spring. I am so, so glad to see your sunny face. Just look at that brilliant blue sky of yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while, but yesterday Tiny and I dropped the Doctor off to school, then headed to the park. Just the two of us. Soaking up the sunny rays, admiring the abundance of flowers, and pretending we were in a forest, or that we were Sleeping Beauty, or in Narnia. We love a bit of role playing.

Tiny gathered up all sorts of flowers, in the folds of her skirt, and we moved around the park taking in all the different climbing trees and spaces to explore.

We both got on the swings and we swung. If you've not known that giddy feeling for a while, it's time to get on a swing. It is simple joy.

These are my very favourite days. Spending time with my smalls with nothing much to do, except 'be'. Spending time with Tiny is one of my favourite and my best. I went back to work when she was just wee, well not super wee, but still small, and I miss being home with her. So yesterday was one of those sweet days, when we had nothing in particular to do, except be with each other. And bake a marble cake.

Now just one day 'til the weekend. Spring, please, stay around a while.

Life is good my friends, life is good.

5 comments:

Reannon said...

So lovely Lexi, so super lovely!

shine little light* said...

Yay for Spring. There is NOTHING better than swinging. Yes i think it is better than sex and chocolate. just.
xsx

Bex said...

Lovely post. I know exactly what you mean about just 'being' with your kids. Just being is brilliant. Just being on swings is extra brilliant. Bx

. said...

Gorgeous Spring, it seems to put us all in a wonderful mood! Lovely post, thanks :)

Mrs Smith said...

Blessed days indeed. How lovely!