Thursday 25 October 2012

Day 25:: Frocktober - When Breathing Is Overrated. Send In The Acid Brights.


Listen up, gather in close, I have something to tell you. And no. I am not pregnant. This dress is a little too close for comfort to my rib cage. They're very intimate today, and breathing is restricted to shallow breaths. I feel a bit Jane Austen, except, not. 

This is one of my favourite vintage frocks, hand-made and impeccably finished. And the fabric is fabulous - that wild acid bright floral, coupled with a beautiful cotton. AYE AYE AYE!

Today's outfit:
- vintage frock
- Country Road sandals

I'd really, really love it if you could sponsor me! Take a look at me, I'm an everyday hero (did you get that reference Dad?). I'm raising money for research into ovarian cancer. 

Currently there is no screening test. A pap smear does not detect ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death of all gynaecological cancers; an insidious disease that often strikes without warning. At present ovarian cancer is commonly diagnosed at advanced stage with only 20-30% of women surviving beyond five years, compared to more that 90% when the disease is detected and treated early. We can help change this by funding more research! 

You can read more about Frocktober here

1 comment:

Kim-Marie Williams said...

Oh, that pretty, pretty fabric! Gorgeous x