Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globes:: Claire Danes, Zooey Deschanel, Marion Cotillard, Naomi (Mega) Watts

Claire Danes has just had a baby - as an aside, I'm going to tell you that after giving birth to my first child I was rarely seen even out of the house, let alone out of my pyjamas and in make-up within six weeks. And after that, well it was anyone's game - but it took me a long time to get back on the hair, make-up and fashion horse. So bravo to Claire (and anyone that can do it - me? I flunked.). But did she really need to dress like she was heading to Las Vegas? Where's the razzle? Where's the dazzle? It's Versace - so the halter is mandatory.

I am imagining this Oscar de la Renta frock has pockets - and in my book, that's the sign of perfection. Add Zooey, some simple accessories and classic hair and make-up - and you've got yourself a styling success. So cute I want to keep her in my pocket. f

Marion Cotillard - so Frenchy, so chic. Would it hurt if I say, I like her shoes? And her shoulders. Oh and I do like her natural make-up. But well.. Let's look at Naomi Watts, shall we? 

Burgundy gives me a bit of anxiety. It reminds me of high school. There's no way you can make me enjoy burgundy unless it's in a glass after a stinking stressful day. I love the cut of this Zac Posen frocks jib. I just don't enjoy that colour. Points for sublime hair though. Ok. I'll give her that.

1 comment:

Small Catalogue said...

Did you see that Dior Haute Couture coral gown? Not sure who wore it but it was DIVINE.