Friday, 1 March 2013
Fight the Funk!:: 5 Easy Tips To Shake The Blues
Do you ever find yourself in a bit of a funk?
I do. I totally do. But I've got it down to a fine art to fight the funk. I know how to beat the blues and kick them to the kerb. I've put together 5 ideas to put a pep in your step and bring back the business of being happy!
1. Did you know 57% of women would choose awesome hair over gaining 10 IQ points? Weird huh? But the psychology stacks up. I was treated to a blow dry at the Blow Dry Bar last week and I'm living proof good hair can change the way you feel. Seriously. I went in feeling a bit flat stanley, had a chat, had my hair washed and coiffed, asked for fat curls, got fat curls - et voila, walked out feeling like a million bucks. And for just $40, it's a good treat that lasts a few days. When I'm next going on date night - I'm going to the Blow Dry Bar and getting my hair done.
2. Wear colour. Over the last few years I've eradicated black from my wardrobe. I have very few black pieces because it washes me out and makes me feel a bit blue. I love pumping up the volume with colour. Whether it's a bright top, printed jeans, or some ace accessories, you can't feel down when your accessories are so up. And if you want to wear black - paint your nails. Do something fun. You can hardly be cranky when you've got these beauties on your nails.
3. Meet up with some friends. Or even phone a friend. When I'm low, talking to someone can - a) distract me from whatever it is that's got me down, and b) remind me that I'm not alone.
4. Music! I am a mad fan of cranking the tunes and doing some car karaoke or kitchen dancing. I especially love belting out the (out of) tunes with the smalls. I'm loving this and this (STILL stuck on this) for good moods ahoy.
5. Do something for yourself. Go see a movie. Take yourself for a coffee. Go for a walk. Do something that gives you something - just for you.
What are your best feel-good tips?