Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Day 2:: Frocktober - The Ugly Dress

You know the anti-graffiti upholstery in trains and buses? Well this dress reminds me of that. 

In a deep and dark flea market, when my heart was palpitating like it was nobody's business, I dug up this dress. In hindsight I should have left it there like a buried non-treasure.

But sometimes I get excited and think "YES! This is going to be a winner." And then I get it home and post-purchase euphoria subsides and I think "What the hector was I thinking?!"

So this is it. We made it past $1500 (thank you thank you thank you my kind, generous sponsors!) - and here's my ugly dress. 

A friend described it as this, and she's so bang on correctomondo.



Ultimately the Foundation's goal is to ensure that an early detection test becomes as readily available and habitual as a pap smear or breast mammography in every woman's regular medical.

As there is currently no early detection test, women are usually diagnosed in the late stages of the disease - when the cancer has spread to other organs in the body. 

It is important to note that awareness in isolation of funded research will not save a life and that a pap smear DOES NOT detect ovarian cancer.

Please sponsor me today! (Or tomorrow is great too. Or the next day.) 


Dress: Vintage handmade (those hand stitches made me buy this dress)
Belt: Country Road
Shoes: Country Road ($19.95 from the Outlet store - yeeeew!)
Bangles: Gifts from awesome friends and family
Mani: Hello Darling Lobster Shack

6 comments:

Sam Stone @ A Life on Venus said...

Congrats on the $1500 and the ugly dress too.

Emma Bovary said...

Well I think you look really pretty in this! Print is pretty out there but I think you pull it off well :)

ejorpin said...

Hooray for $1500! And no frock looks ugly on you (especially with those shoes!)

bigwords said...

I like it!

Oily Shoes said...

Wish my ugly dresses looked that good!

lindyinbrisbane said...

The dress may not be fantastic, but you would look good in a hessian sack!