Monday 25 November 2013

I'm Embarrassed To Say



I went out on Thursday night. To a Christmas party. 

I went out on Thursday night at 7:30pm. And left the party at 10:15pm.

Why?

Because I was seriously sozzled. I don't know what happened, one minute I was drinking champagne and dancing merrily on the dance floor (that I carved out). The next I was in a cab, and not in a happy state. 

Seriously. Bad. Business. Lexi. 

So bad I kept apologising to the cab driver the whole ride home. Poor cabbie.

I texted Matt somewhere between the party and home - saying 'Cyril me.'

Shortly after I sent him another - this time to try and avoid autocorrect, oh and I did, but it said 'Helpb'. 

I am an idiot. 

Seriously. I cringe every time I see anything to do with this party. What kind of fool am I?

One that keeps getting their glass topped up, who comes home and sits in the shower and insists I am sleeping in the shower for the night. Yup. Ouch.

The next morning I was sick as a dog. Even sicker than a dog. (Why are dog's sick anyway??). Every time I got vertical  -- --- -- I vomited. 

Matt texted me during the day asking me how I was and I told him I wanted to die. The pain was excruciating - and I had one person to blame. ME. 

I couldn't even hold down a drink of water. 

This is not like me. Sure I like the occasional drink, but to go out and get completely hammered and ugly. Oh aye aye aye!! Not me. 

I am not exaggerating when I say - it took me three days to get over this hangover. Three freaking days of feeling like rat poo, of feeling bad for Matt and the kids, and feeling pretty annoyed at myself. 

Friends told me I was chugging down the cocktails like there was no tomorrow. No wonder when I checked out IG a couple of days later I felt nauseous at the mere glimpse of a cocktail in a photo. 

So I've signed up to Hello Sunday Morning for three months. No alcohol for three months. 

I almost heard an audible gasp from my friends on Instagram saying that I chose a bad time to do it. Well in my book - I chose a really, really good time to do it. I don't need alcohol, and it's not like I said - hey guys, I am quitting oxygen for three months. Nope. 

I'm going to give it my best shot, and report in every now and then to tell you how it's going. We're in the thick of Christmas parties, but you know, all the health benefits are pretty appealing - and on average a HSMer loses 6kgs! And saves loads of cash. 

Just consider me your designated driver. And the next morning, I'll be the one sans hangover. 
Before the downfall 

4 comments:

Kirsty Bunfield (kbfield) said...

Urrgh. The worst thing about those sorts of nights is just how annoyed/embarassed you get with yourself. Even days later. Good luck x

Norbyah Nolasco said...

oh dear, you poor thing...a bad hangover, especially at our age (or at least mine) and with kiddos, is the worst. hangover and guilt combined makes for a nasty recovery. hoping you can stick with your convictions...you're a better woman than i am if you can.
xo
n

Sam Stone said...

You go girl!
And we have all been there. Once I couldn't even walk the next day that is how sick I was, it was god-awful. My flat mate called my mum to come look after me. Yikes.

Cath @mybeardedpigeon said...

You are smock in'