Monday 3 March 2014

Oscars 2014:: Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong'o

Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani - could you look anymore frothy and beautiful, captivating and divine? Nope. Doubt it. This pretty much ticks every box in the house. And the removalist truck, the warehouse, anywhere there are boxes, this look is ticking it. She looks like my all-time favourite Barbie - 'Peaches 'n' Cream'. Sigh.
And then there's Lupita Nyong'o in Prada. Swoon. No fashion foot ever put wrong, this divine creature nails the red carpet. These are my two favourite frocks - Hollywood glamour, romance. A powdery baby blue. 
 I know, I know, I know I am the only woman to hate peplums. I really hate peplums. This may have something to do with two things: 
a) I have hips and I don't need to draw attention to them
b) I think it looks like you're about to ride side saddle to rescue some poor dingo stranded in a drought. 
I hate peplums and I hate the peplums that attacked J-Law on the red carpet. Look at them sitting up there trying to steal her thunder. I hate peplums in the spring time, I hate peplums in the summer. And the winter. And the Autumn. Any time. I hate peplums.
 Yes yes, very good looking couple. Hot gene pool.
If anyone is looking for their daughter's school uniform, Amy Adams refashioned it into her dress. I hate to be the party pooper but this is as boring as a school sock. Not even any razzle dazzle. I am scrunching this up at the bottom of my school bag.
Meh.  

No comments: