Tuesday 30 September 2014

Frocktober. One. More. Sleep.




Feeling nervous? I am. 

Just one more sleep until Frocktober kicks off!

If I reach $1,000 by Wednesday 1st October - I go to work in my Studio 54 inspired frock. I mean I really will go all out. I don't do these things by half measures. 

What is Frocktober?

Frocktober is all about raising awareness and funds for research into ovarian cancer. All money raised goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). 

Currently there is no early detection test for ovarian cancer. 

OCRF receives no government funding and rely on the support of our community and business supporters to assist in driving our research forward.

Want the facts?
  • Every ten hours, one woman dies from ovarian cancer in Australia
  • Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death of all gynaecological cancers
  • Unlike other cancers, there is NO early detection test
  • Over 50% of the community incorrectly believe a pap smear diagnoses ovarian cancer
  • Ovarian cancer has a lower survival rate than both breast and cervical cancer
  • When detected and treated early 80-100% of women will survive beyond five years compared with only 20-30% when diagnosed at a late stage

Please help me fundraise this Frocktober and kick ovarian cancer to the kerb! 


$1,000 by 7:30am on Wednesday - and I go to work Studio 54. 

No comments: