My sister told me it suited me.
My parents approved.
My kids love it.
My husband adores it.
It must mean it's love. It must mean I should be allowed to keep it.
On hearing that Ford actually wanted their car back :(
I have had blissful weeks driving to work. In peak hour traffic.
This is all crazy talk. Except it isn't. I am SO into the Ford Territory I want to keep it. I want to exchange our cars for this car. It is so very ace.
Why do I love it so? I don't know anything but engines, but I do know lots about convenience and all-round awesomeness. There are so many reasons, let me count the ways Shakespeare.
1. The Safety: When you choose a car, safety is paramount. Even moreso as a parent. Hidden underneath that sleek exterior is host of safety features so you can feel comfortable knowing that the Territory has been engineered to help protect it's precious cargo. You.
2. Extra seating: My Mum and Dad were visiting - and being from the country they loathe driving in the city. I jumped at the chance to pick them up - and with the easy-access extra seating in the back, with plenty of cabin space it meant everyone fitted comfortably in. (And when the spare seating is not required, it has a super generous boot for you to load up.)
3. DVD player: Let's go back to the traffic thing. Sitting in traffic with children is one of my worst things. My kids were SO excited by the DVD player, on our way to school they watched a DVD. It was ambitious, unless we were going to sit in the car and be late for school, but it kept them occupied, and kept my eyes on the road. If we were going on a long road trip, I'd load them up with DVDs to avert any 'Are we there yet?' conversations. (Plus it comes with headphones and a remote control. The kids pretty well wanted to move into the car. I wish I was kidding.)
4. Fuel efficiency: This thing just doesn't empty. Ok it does, but for a big mother of a car, it's pretty lean on the whole petrol thing. I went about 10 days on one tank. That's driving to and from work, groceries, school pick ups, jaunts around the city - just for the heck of it, because heck. I am going to say it again. I really love this car.
5. Blue-tooth: Driving to and from work is empty time for me. If I can ring a friend or my parents - this is a WIN! Sitting in peak hour traffic and being able to talk hands-free?! Yes! This ticks so many boxes for me.
6. Sit High My Friends: Ain't nobody who doesn't love sitting up high in traffic.
7. The Love Notes: Tiny wrote love notes on the windows on cold mornings, I loved them.
8. The Bells. The Whistles: The simple-to-use navigation has won my heart. The stereo means I can host my own in-car karaoke on the way to and from work (to the amusement of some woman cacking herself at me - hey I was having fun). Those leather seats. Aye carumba. I am superficial. But those seats are super comfortable. Even the indicator makes a nice noise.
9. It Looks Hot: Featuring a striking design, this car is hot. And I don't want to give it up. Not only that, it's beautiful to drive.
To celebrate me falling truly, madly, deeply in love with the Ford Territory I have one $500 Freedom gift card to give away. Interested?
All you have to do is tell me:
What’s the one place you'd like to take a road trip to in your car?
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Terms and conditions:
One entry per person only
Competition open only to residents of Australia
Entries open September 1st and close midnight 7th September
Winner will be announced on September 9th.
For full terms & conditions please click here.
Photography by Esteban La Tessa