Thursday 2 October 2014

Frocktober 2014:: Day 2 - 1950s Floral Delight (lazybones)



The 1950s is definitely one of my favourite fashion eras. Classic, feminine styling that's romantic too. 

The floral prints, the nipped in waists, the full skirts - it's all pretty fabulous.

Today's frock was given to me by one of my favourite Australian labels - lazybones. Playing off those classic vintage lines, this frock is easy to wear, with little styling required. In fact all I added were my shoes and some earrings. Et voila!

Featuring a beautiful retro-inspired print, it's one of those frocks that's going to get a lot of wears throughout Summer. 



Beauty Tip: In the 50s make-up was matte, and skin was porcelain. Which is perfect because I had just applied fake tan the day prior. 0_o I calmed things down by using a neutral powder which also helps to set the whole look. 

A winged eye is mandatory, and to help my wobbly hand, I use a small piece of washi tape like a stencil. I know. I am crazy. But it works. 
----------------------------

Dress: lazybones 

About lazybones: 
Established in Australia in 2000 lazybones has grown from creating only sleepwear to crafting clothing and bedding lines that are cherished, oft-sought designs in beautiful vintage inspired prints and painterly fabrics. 


SPONSOR ME HERE. Please do. Big, little. Whatever it is - it all goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. 

7 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

Delightful Lexi. I love how much enthusiasm you put into this.

deby said...

Wow ! This looks stunning on you!

www.boyeatsworld.com.au said...

I love this one! Just gorgeous

Lexi Kentmann said...

Thanks Aleney. xx

Lexi Kentmann said...

Thank you Deby, I really love this frock. So pretty.

Lexi Kentmann said...

I do love it. I need to get a big sleep tonight so I can keep going with such gusto!

Emma Bovary said...

50's style of dress is just divine, love the setting for these shots too