Today marks the first day of Frocktober! To celebrate reaching my first $1,000 milestone, I went all Studio 54.
Drawing inspiration from Angelica Houston, I donned a pale lilac wig, one of my favourite vintage frocks, fake tanned it up, spent over an hour of power on my make-up (not to mention the research!), and laced up my wedding shoes. Yowsers.
I sweated over this look the night before, kept waking with anxiety thinking I couldn't do it. Yes. Such is the pressure my friends!
How did I do?
If you don't know Frocktober is. I'll tell you! I wear 31 dresses in 31 days to help raise awareness and funds for research into ovarian cancer. All money raised goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.
Want the facts?
- Every ten hours, one woman dies from ovarian cancer in Australia
- Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death of all gynaecological cancers
- Unlike other cancers, there is NO early detection test
- Over 50% of the community incorrectly believe a pap smear diagnoses ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cancer has a lower survival rate than both breast and cervical cancer
- When detected and treated early 80-100% of women will survive beyond five years compared with only 20-30% when diagnosed at a late stage
Please help me fundraise this Frocktober and kick ovarian cancer to the kerb!
Shoes: My wedding shoes
Wig: From some crazy party shop