It's been such a huge help - she cooks, cleans, entertains, declutters, gardens, weeds, and so much more. It's so nice coming home to my Mum.
And as a bonus - Matt and I have been able to go on a couple of date nights together. SCORE!
The first date was to see Taken3. And then a really below par, horrible meal at Miss Chu that made me feel cross.
The second date was last night - an art exhibition opening, followed by dinner at iconic low-brow Bill & Toni's. And it was awesome. No expectations, just hanging out looking at art, and then a quick and cheap meal together, chatting. It was gold.
Now I'm thinking we need to have at least one date a month for the year. I know this is a great thing for our relationship, so we gotta aim high!
So my ingredients for a most excellent date night are?
- an activity that gives you something to talk about: an exhibition is ace, a movie is great, or even just people watching
- follow it up with dinner/coffee/something so you can sit and chat about what you've seen
- I am a cheap date. I like simple things, and fancy things are not for me. My favourite meal out would be an awesome burger. And a beer. And plenty of conversation. And then maybe a gelato.
I asked some friends what their secrets to a good date are:
1. 'A dude.'
2. '500gm personality
Add a sprinkle of class, chivalry and a touch of humour...
Stir well with great location...
Garnish with a couple of cocktails...
Then leave for 2-3 days to settle...
However you'll know well before that if the recipe worked...'
4. 'Dont be a tightass.'
5. 'A: Free Babysitting with no end time B: Actually that's about it.'
6. 'A good bottle of wine, dinner out, no dishes, no children and no time limits... I'm also totally in to dumplings, beer and a movie!'
7. 'To have a date in the first place hahaha...'
What's your secret to a great date?