Sunday 18 May 2008

This Is My Way of Recycling...


I try really hard to recycle. I really do.

I send my old magazines to the doctor's office - or at least I have good intentions to, but sometimes they sit in my boot for a few extra months.. Well that would be nothing on the two or three year old mags currently sitting there.

We compost our leftovers and food scraps.

We recycle.
I'm trying to reduce what we throw in the bin.

I re-use containers. I sometimes use newspaper to wrap garbage in (but mainly the newspaper is sent for recycling).

I leave my green supermarket bags in the car for any shopping expeditions that spring up.

And my favourite motto:
If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down.

That's become our households mantra actually. And it saves lots of water!

Oh - and I thrift like a maniac - and vice versa.

2 comments:

flossy-p said...

Wrapping the garbage in newspaper is a clever idea. Sounds fiddly, but it would help things that can break down actually break down. It'd be so much better if we still had those big brown paper bags for groceries, we could use those for bin bags instead.

Sending your magazines to the doctor is such a great idea too!

I'm a bit of a mellow yellow girl too. :)

Lisa [strickerin] said...

What sound ideas.

My two year old completely refuses to use the toilet if there is anything but clear water in there. Shame because water costs more than petrol here.