Monday 26 May 2008

This Is...


This week's theme comes from Flossy-P and is: This is something I got, but still haven't used.

This is my fabric stash. I've got a whole box going on of beautiful pieces. Just waiting for me to learn how to sew. I have a few ideas and really want to start with a very simple quilt for my little bebe, but it's just a matter of getting into it (and getting my sewing machine serviced first!).

So many delightful little bits in here - I LOVE going through it. Lots of pieces were bought on a girls' weekend to Melbourne last year with my sisters and my Mum. We did a pretty good job at getting around town - Amitie, Patchwork on Central Park, Meet Me at Mikes.. Oh it was a fun weekend - if only I didn't get struck down by gastro on the second day. Well I'm looking forward to the next trip!

I have lots of things I have got, but just haven't used. Wedding presents - including a beautiful Jasper Conran vase, some great Ittalla pieces. I think I'm just waiting to move into our own space and bring them out. Luxury every day, mmm, I like it!
'This Is' is hosted by Three Buttons.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I spy some new ones. Do you want to come over for a lesson?

Lisa [strickerin] said...

What beautiful material. I love the way you have arranged it for the photo.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Very pretty fabric in such nice light. Touchable thru the computer.

leslie said...

you have some lovely fabric there - get that machine serviced!

flossy-p said...

There's some gorgeous fabric in there! I can vouch for getting your machine serviced...the best thing I've done in recent history!

Can't wait to see what you come up with... ;)