Wednesday 23 July 2008

Crazy Quilt



I'll take some better shots tomorrow, but for now, it's just lucky I've hooked my camera up at all.. I've been a little lax lately.

This is a quilt I made with my sister
ChoccyBangles last May for my son. It's been back and forth between Sydney and Perth ever since.. But here it is in its final stages.. Kind of..

It was such a fun project to do together. My little boy and I went to Perth for a short week and Choc and I banged this together between kiddies sleeps, picking up the big little boys from school, and general sisterly chatters. We worked hard - it's a big quilt (probably more a queen size than single), made of a mash-up of fabrics, and I really love it. Not just for its aesthetics (I love those vibrant colours, patterns) but for what it represents. A whole lotta love.

And I think my little guy is a bit fascinated with it. Each time I unravel it, he comes over to examine each of the fabrics - a different one each time.

I'll take some better 'whole' shots tomorrow.


Oh and I must mention, given my non-sewer status (or very novice skill) Choc took the reigns on this project and did most of it. Kudos to the girl, she sure can sew!

8 comments:

Mrs.French said...

Oh my! I love this so much! I love the fabric and the story behind it. I made my B a pair of pants out of the cowboy print....now I want a quilt for him too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Al, is there no end to the Campbell girls talents???
I am astounded by Sarah's genius, I love Noah's quilt. Hellllooooo, I am feeling a quilt book coming on featuring quilts amassed between the 3 of you!
Lindy

Sarah said...

How funny anonymous is! Fun memories of frantic sewing between babes napping - lets do it again sometime.

Kirsty said...

I love your quilt.

You've won our collaborative music box. Please let me know which of the two pictured on the blog you would like.

mail(at)kootoyoo(dot)com(dot)au

Catherine said...

It's a lovely quilt and such a wonderful thing to make with your sister. Love the fabric too! where did you buy Cath kidston fabric in Australia? I have been hunting it down to no avail.

CurlyPops said...

I love random quilts and that one is absolutely gorgeous! Even better that it was a collaboration.

leslie said...

hey there, i'm so behind on my bloglines but it all worked out as i just got to enjoy a couple of weeks of humour and lovely images from you all in one hit! and this quilt is fabulous, so bright and fun : )

Lisa [strickerin] said...

That is so special that you and your sister have made it together.

I love the bright cheery colours you chose.