Wednesday 23 July 2008

Word Up Dawg.

If you don't already know, I write poetry. I have another blog random poetics. It's a little more sporadic than this space as I source poems, and sometimes, I just don't feel like rifling through lots of poems, so, mostly the poems just find me and I pop them in.. And sometimes I write my own stuff to include.

I think it's funny that in high school I really hated poetry. Loathed it. In fact, I didn't even really bother studying the poems for my HSC because I thought they were boring - but really, I think it was a reflection on my teacher. She took away the fun of words for me and turned them into something rigid. To this day, when I am stressed I still have nightmares about sitting in that big old school hall, doing my English exam, and not having a clue what the poems were about!

Luckily I refound my passion for words for myself.

So if you're looking to add a little bit of wordiness into your day - head over to random poetics.

No comments: