Thursday 27 November 2008

Christmas Charm

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping - thank goodness for that - we've sent our presents off to family in Vietnam, to Victoria, and so now I'm just fine tuning the remainder.
Thanks to everyone for the pointers for the bulldozer for the Doctor. I think we've settled on one now, it ticks all the boxes the Doctor requested, so that's big ups to you dear readers!

Tiny's first birthday is sneaking up on us too - but I've already done all her Christmas and birthday shopping - the little girls are so easy to shop for!

So the Doctor and I have been indulging in a wee bit more Christmas craft. This time, from a bulk pack of Christmas stuff I grabbed at Riot Craft the other day in my sick-o haze. This is the end result. I was cooking dinner, the Doctor was madly crafting. Like the 3D nature of the foam stickers? That's layers and layers of reindeers. WOW! Nothing in moderation, we go by the Marie Antoinette mantra.

Currently we're wrestling with the notion of Christmas gifts. If I say we're heading out to do a spot of Christmas shopping, the Doctor instantly thinks there's something in it for him. Needless to say, when he discovers the truth, there's a small present in store for Mama in the shape of a tantie. Ahhh love it.

Oh - one last thing - yesterday when I posted my response tag - in particular point 1 - well the police arrested that dude (who was going by the name of Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater) - and lo and behold - he was back out the front of our house the very next morning. Ain't life grand? I never stayed another night in that unit - particularly after the weird stories my flatmate decided to share with me (ie she'd leave for work and her window would be closed, return home and her window would be open; the people upstairs had come home to dirty footprints through their house - nothing taken, nothing touched, just filthy dusty footprints, oh and not to mention the face pressed up against the bathroom window when her sister was in the shower - thanks for sharing this before I moved in). Creepy.

6 comments:

Jaerixon said...

you should read my blog

Cindy said...

Nothing says christmas like a reindeer sandwich - Dear oh dear (I couldn't resist the pun sorry).
People always warn you about the "terrible 2-year olds", no one tells you they are just training for 3.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Jaerixon - not until you've read every word of mine.

Jodi said...

love the decorations! That weirdo at your unit sounds absolutely terrifying. There are some freaks out there...

Taccolina said...

Argh, outta control. We humans do occasionally go a little bit twisty in the old brain department. There are more families and friends wrestling with mental illnesses than you'd ever realise. Not fun, really not fun, to accidentally come up against it.

nomes said...

thanks for the heads up on the riot site heaps of cool free projects thank you