Tuesday 18 August 2009

Att: Boozehounds Re: Tipples


Dear Boozehounds,

It has come to my attention that while I've been enjoying a quiet tipple or two, I've neglected to give you le scoop de la scoop.
Yesterday afternoon, while cruising the aisles of our local bottle-o, I discovered this beauty. Those labels, beguiling. Sublime vintage flower seed packets. I couldn't go past them. This label wooed me. You know dear reader, oh how I love a good vintage something or another - and this, this is divine to the power of divine.
And then I noticed it's name. The Four O'Clock Chardonnay. Oh how it mocks me!
For realz, check out this new organic wine. Ten points for beauty! And it's not a bad drop either (trust me, I have the almost empty bottle to prove it).

10 comments:

Georgie Love said...

Hurrah! Do you know what I love about blogland? These little tips and things that people share. I have been meaning to blog about this new handsoap (seriously here) which is supposed to smell like lime but when you wash your hands, you discover that it instead SMELLS LIKE B.O.

People need to be told.

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I love nothing more than a cheeky bit of product endorsement - as someone that now resorts to buying wine from label appeal - I will be sure to keep an eye out for these pretties - the fact that I won't have to put ice in it to disguise the taste is really a massive bonus! Cheers!

Aussie-waffler said...

Oh dear Ms PMM, like I need any more excuses to pick up a nice bottle for a quiet tipple.Such sweet labels.

Michelle said...

Gosh this post title had me here quick sticks!

Thanks for the heads up - I love the labels and the name too, but does it fit into my $4 a bottle budget?

Kirsty said...

4 o'clock ... absolutely bevvie time for a mum of smalls. I'm off the vino but this does look very pretty.

Evie said...

fantastic find. love it all, the name, the label, the empty bottle ; )

Tania said...

Been toying with the notion of a slightly different kind of tipple (potentially ghastly) myself lately. But if ever there was a case for judging a book by its cover, that there is the one. Only in a wine-ish, not book-ish, sort of way.

Danielle said...

oh wow. isnt it pretty. i always choose my wine by the label. i must check it out next time we go to town. so depressing that i have to go to town to go to the bottle -o

Rachael said...

Mmmm, will be looking out for that one.

flossy-p said...

I have noticed all the clever wine makers who have finally twigged on to the many liquor-store customers, who like me, shop for wine based on the prettiness. It used to not take so long as there was only 2 or 3 brands with pretty lables. But nowadays these clever wine-o's have caught on, and SO many lables are pretty these days. It takes me hours to choose. :)

You bottles are unsurpassable!