Saturday 11 December 2010

Speaking The Truth



Sometimes I'd really love to speak my mind.

Yesterday I sat on the train next to a guy who talked on his mobile at the top of his voice. From this conversation I extracted the following conversation:

  • He was on his way to work
  • His boss' name is Andrew
  • His boss is overweight
  • His boss is married
  • His boss was attending his wife's grandfather's funeral that day, and would not be at work
  • His boss had a four year old daughter
  • His boss was definitely married (yep, kept reiterating that point)
  • And heck, he didn't know what he was up to on Saturday and Sunday

I heard all of this despite my best efforts to not hear all of this. I cranked up Bon Iver but still the noisy commuter's voice permeated my music. While Bon Iver is not exactly Pantera, it was up loud. Truly.

Reminded me of Clive. There's always a Clive on the train. Yes?

7 comments:

Dana said...

Maybe you just need bigger louder headphones ;)

Megan said...

That is hilarious! At least your Clive didn't have herpes of the elbow - that would have been a much more interesting conversation to overhear..

shine little light* said...

There is always always a clive - sometimes the Clive is in the postoffice que, sometimes the clive is on the back of the bus, sometimes he is in the coffee shop belting over Enya. Clive sucks.

fast times in münchen. said...

My husband shares an office with a Clive..or should or it be a Claus?

The Essess said...

Yes always!! And it is so annoying that they seem to think they need to shout while on the phone... Arrghh

Marie said...

I think you need those : http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort_15/index.jsp

Totally expensive but totally worth it xx

Sophie said...

It takes many Clive the Wankers to make the world go round! If only we could press the ejection button and see them shoot through the roof!!! lol....