Sunday 12 February 2012

Bah To The Humbug: Valentine's Day Ideas

Just in case you are living under a rock, or hiding under a rock - like me, then you may not be aware that it's Valentine's Day on Tuesday.

Who cares?
Bah humbug!
Boo! Hiss!
Rack off PMM!

Yes. That's sort of what I think too.
We're just not that into Val Day.
But just in case you are looking for a way to declare your undying love to someone secret, or even someone not so secret, here's some ideas to woo the woo-ee.

Who wouldn't want to curl up with an amorous lover when their bedroom looked like this? Snaffle these pillowcases from Salvation Jane (hotel quality - AYE CARUMBA!) $39

Say 'Aye carumba' with this Victoria Mason necklace (she's offering 15% off heart related goodies until V-Day) - $77
Diamonds are - after all - a girl's best friend. Diamond ceramic brooch from - Georgie Love $40


They say the way to a man's stomach is through his heart (see what I did there?) Court your lover the old fashioned way with a Champagne Afternoon tea at the QVB Tea Room - $124


The Miranda Sweetheart dress for your sweetheart? OH YES PLEASE! Gorman $299



Not good with words? Say it with a print. Famille Summerbelle Blue Love Bugs print from Tiny Bird - $79

Go traditional with fragrance. Gypsy Water from Mecca Cosmetica - $158

And so yes, this list is late - but then so are you if you haven't purchased yet. So we can be fashionably late together. Correctomondo?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

There is a pillow set I have seen I would like to buy and use Valentines day as an excuse... Will go and see if I can find them again...

Sally said...

Yes. We're not really into Valentine's Day here... but I thought I'd make some heart shaped biscuits for the boy's lunch box and to take to the local pool with the girl.
Other than that my plan for Valentine's day is to wear the kids out so that they go to bed easily and then cuddle up with my man on the couch. That'll be enough to make us happy.

shine little light* said...

valentines day is my dads birthday so I dig it but only for the excuse to bake him a cake, i dont dig the cupid celebrations... BUT PMM this list is BONZA and will be sent to husbands email address in a few months just before our anniversary ;) *s*

Norbyah said...

totally with you. not that into valentine's day either...but i do have the kiddos make valentines for each other. it's so cute to watch them be secretive and thoughtful. then on the day to reveal their hiding spots and give each other little surprises. stressful too because last year i was the only one privy to all their hiding spots. oh the pressure to make sure i didn't forget!!!
xo
n

teddybearswednesday said...

Not into Val Day either. THough I'm never sure if it me in my cynical ever single state. xo