Thursday 27 September 2012

Fronting Up and Frocking Up: It's Time for Frocktober



So last year, you may remember that I took part in Frocktober.

If you weren't kicking around these parts back then, you may be wondering what in tarnation is Frocktober?

Frocktober means that for the entire month of October I wear a frock.

Why?

To raise money for research into ovarian cancer.

Did you know that in Australia, one woman dies every 10 hours from ovarian cancer. The key to changing this statistic and giving women with ovarian cancer a better long-term outlook is early detection.

The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF) is Australia’s pre-eminent body supporting ovarian cancer research. Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death of all gynaecological cancers; an insidious disease that often strikes without warning. At present ovarian cancer is commonly diagnosed at advanced stage with only 20-30% of women surviving beyond five years, compared to more that 90% when the disease is detected and treated early.

A pap smear does not detect ovarian cancer.
The OCRF is dedicated to proper research into this currently not-well-understood disease. To help us achieve our research goals and to save women’s lives, the OCRF needs the financial support of the community

A pap smear does not detect ovarian cancer.
The OCRF is dedicated to proper research into this currently not-well-understood disease. To help us achieve our research goals and to save women’s lives, the OCRF needs the financial support of the community

Sponsor me and together we can help to change these frightening statistics.
For the month of Frocktober I'll be posting each of my dresses? Don't think I can do it. Trust me. I'm quietly squirrelling away my frocks to try and ensure there are no double ups. I did pretty well last year, and this year it's going to be even better.

Sponsor me today! (Pretty please!)

1 comment:

nicole said...

yayayayay! goooo lexi!