Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Uber Good Gift Guide:: Kris Kringle AKA Secret Santa
We've all been there - the (dreaded) Kris Kringle. Pull a (sometimes) random name from a hat - and buy them a gift. It sends quivers of terror through my body. Two years in a row I've bought really awesome (even if I do say so myself) KK gifts - and received two really ordinary gifts in return (read: a Dutch doughnut maker that sat under my desk for 12 months).
But this year friends I'm sharing the inspiration! Because this year I have got Kris Kringle covered. Here are 10 ideas - and each are under $20. Go wild!
1. Sorry I'm Such An Asshole balloons from Third Drawer Down $18:: Got to buy for the office asshole? These balloons are totes the best thing you could get them.
2. The Ice Cream truck nail transfers from Hello Darling $14.95:: Looking for something super cool for someone into nail art? How rad are these?!
3. A Collection a day book by Lisa Congdon from The Supercool $20:: The perfectly curated book of collections - it makes a great coffee table book with beautiful photography and kooky collections.
4. Lip glazes from Kit Cosmetics $19.95 each:: I am a big fan of glosses and glazes. These pretty hues are so perfect for summer.
5. Gerry - a bear potholder from Teddy Bear's Wednesday $15:: Handmade by super talented, Melbourne-based Jess, in my book - this is too good to use - and more a piece of art than to be used for hot pots. But that's just me. Look how cool they are hung in a cluster.
6. Happy Socks from Lady Pinwheel $16.95:: Oh how I love these Happy Socks. So fun, quirky and colourful, you totes couldn't be sad with these on.
7. Felt necklace - large - from Ecobabe $19.95:: Handmade in Nepal using Australian wool, this necklace adds an instant splash of colour.
8. Owl Statue (20cm) from Freedom $14.95:: Wise up with this owl statue. Cool on a desk, bookshelf, or bedside.
9. Crowned Sleeping Bear trinket/Coin pouch from Handmade Romance $20:: Another Melbourne based crafter/artist, Evie is ridiculously talented - and again - this is a piece of art for everyday use. Swooning.
10. Clean Water from Oxfam $14:: Instead of buying someone a drink this Christmas, buy lots of people thousands of drinks. Lots more Oxfam ideas here.