Monday 25 February 2013

Oscars 2013:: Charlize Theron, Helen Hunt, Jackie Weaver, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Salma Hayek and Sally Field

I'm torn because Charlize Theron's Dior Couture frock doesn't look dissimilar to Anne Hathaway's full body cast from the Golden Globes. I'm not one for stiff styling, as statue-esque as she is, I just don't love it.
The headlines scream:: CELEBRITY WEARS FROCK FOR THE SECOND TIME. I know, pat on the back Helen Hunt for dragging out one of your old H&M frocks for a second airing. But should we even be having this conversation? Even the Queen of England wears her frocks a few times. I mean - so do I!!! You're shocked - imagine how I feel. (PS Helen, I'd love to introduce you to a steamer next time we meet). 

 Jackie, I had high, high hopes for you. I really dig you, you seem like an ace broad. But when part of your dress appears to be cannibalising the bodice, I'm just not sure.
Beam her up Scotty. Halle Berry looks like she's ready to be thrust into the universe - or like some art deco tiling. I can't figure out which, but I guess it's kind of working for her.
 Anne Hathaway was someone I was waiting patiently for - I had high, high hopes for her. There's a reason I've buried her down here. While the Prada silk duchess frock is lovely and all:
a) unless she's leaving the Oscars early to be bridesmaid at her friends wedding 
or 
b) her nipples are being used as stage lighting;
I don't love it. It's modern day Audrey, but it's not singing to me. 
 Va-va-va VOOM! Salma Hayek - you are all that. I love this midnight blue on you. 
Sally, Sally, Sally. Thank goodness for you, Sally. I can't fault this beautiful gown - love the colour, the fabric, the cut, everything. Old school glamour that is as current as the day is fresh. I'd wear this in a flash. 

4 comments:

Mrs Sabbatical said...

Halle looks like a deco Oscar statue?! Saw on twitter someone thought she was dressed by the folk behind Dynasty.... maybe, not sure, if I am a fan of this one

Allison Miller said...

oh sally........I adore thee! x

Unknown said...

Anne, you could have done so much better. More than a little disappointed with this frock. How could they not see those nipples in the dress makers room?

Anonymous said...

Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in it
or something. I believe that you could do with a few p.
c. to force the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is wonderful blog.
An excellent read. I will definitely be back.



Here is my site ... airplane game