Wednesday 4 September 2013

Favourite Find:: McKean Studio Silk Scarves



I love a good scarf, in case you hadn't ever noticed (in which case, how did you not notice this?!). For me, a scarf is an easy way to spice up an outfit, add a bit of personality, and best of all for me - colour!

When I was younger I used to scour the markets searching for souvenir scarves. I collected Canada, New Zealand, Fiji, and a couple of others that I can't quite remember. I have a bit of a *thing* for souvenir scarves - and clearly a thing for souvenir scarves of places I've never been (except for NZ, I've been there).

Sydney-sider Megan McKean, illustrator/designer/owner/maker has created a dreamy range of cotton-silk souvenir scarves digitally printed with her illustrations inspired by her travels.

Can you imagine my glee?

But if you're not into wearing scarves, then these are beautiful as a framed artwork, or the perfect gift.

And the palettes are so fruit tingle-y beautiful, I can imagine they'd work well with my wardrobe.

McKean Studio Palm Springs, California silk cotton scarf $75 (other cities available)


**Favourite Find is my new *thing* where I share something I fancy each week from an Australian retailer. They're not paid spots, it's truly things I find that I dig and want to share. And they all lived happily ever after. 

2 comments:

Megan McKean said...

You are so sweet, Lexi! Thanks for featuring my scarves! The fruit tingle reference - spot on! You're the best. xx Megan

Sam Stone said...

I'd love to be able to wear a scarf. I have an odd shaped head! I struggle with hats too.